Wednesday 5 February 2014

I Have a Question

I have done nothing with my blog, willfully neglected it for weeks, and yet the viewer count seems to hold steady. What I really want to know is, what are you looking at? Why do you visit when I do nothing? There isn't anything to see but the same old pictures again and again. I think about this and I know you cannot be new people stopping by because that, when counted up, would be a ridiculous number of readers. And I know I cannot be that entertaining.

I am bored with this--I must do something new. I don't know what, but I need somehow to stretch my creative muscles in a new, interactive way. I was thinking of maybe taking up vlogging, but that, I know, takes up time for shooting and editing, nevermind learning the software. Maybe later.

And that is my problem. Later, I tell myself and struggle with ambition. In my mind I have excused the entropy of my household, my growing piles of laundry by suggesting (to myself) that I am but an undiscovered genius, a brilliant mind so taken up with greatness it cannot remember to buy toilet paper. Geniuses cannot be expected to be good at everything. A clean house? What's that? An empty sink? Who needs it?


No comments: